Sunday, March 29, 2009

10DOWN Disc Golf

My friends at 10Down are back at it and this summer may blow this start-up through the roof. Ben, Tyler, and their new partner Jeff have found a perfect niche and have asked me to help out where I can. Ben and I sat down to conceptualize some logos for Award Wining Tees to be given to any player that beats another by 10 stokes (10Down). Disc golf is played like regular golf, except you use discs instead of clubs and balls, and you shoot for chained baskets rather than a hole in the ground. Most professional courses, and there are 2000+ nationwide, have a par 54 for 18 holes rather than 72 for typical golf courses. Some of the holes are over 1200 feet long, twice as long as the longest hole I've ever encountered (The Beast at Enman), of which I could barely get a "5" much less a "3". As mentioned to get one of the shirts you need to shoot 10 less than anyone else at any tournament that 10DOWN is sponsoring, not in easy feat for it only happened 10 times last year! The shirts will only be given to these exceptional players, kinda like 10DOWNS Green Jacket, well sort of.

I'll also be lending a pro-bono hand to help get these guys website up and running which will host a ton of info on Disc Golf, Events, Sponsorships, Merch and much more, stay tuned!

No comments: